As promised last week, we would consult the Server Direction Staff about the steps ahead of us in changing our business model. We talked for a couple of hours and came up with some interesting ways to move forward to comply to what Mojang wants to see.
Our first step, is to gradually phase out Mojang EULA incompliant features of the Premium package. We are deliberately not saying anything on this matter, as we have not determined what features will disappear when. We can with a fair amount of certainty say however that most premium features will remain for the duration of the month of June. July should see the first features slowly being enabled server wide, or removed altogether.
Our second step, is to gradually phase in Mojang EULA compliant features into the Premium Package. This means both in game visual features, as well as out of game benefits. We can already reveal a couple of them:
- An in-game pet system.
- A forum Avatar banner.
- Other Forum related benefits.
- Other Teamspeak related benefits.
Many of these are still in the works, but we plan to bring many more awesome features to the Premium Package that are totally okay and will help players to individualize themselves.
Our Premium Donating system will not be altered. Everyone is encouraged to continue donating the way they did, as the system will be unaffected by our changes.
Our third step, is to gradually implement other methods of generating revenue for the server upkeep. These are still high up in planning, meaning we cannot put the details down exactly yet. We can however say the following:
- Crowd funding projects in which players can help fund projects which take time and effort to finish. Think for example being able to choose what feature will be released on the server next with your donations.
- Automated advertisement for factions/players on the server that can be bought with a slot based method.
- Server wide benefits purchased by players and then given to all players while also announcing their name publicly.
- Purchasable Wiki pages.
There will be no exchange effect for players. Players may continue to sell, buy; Regals, Factions, Items. We as a server however, will not sell anything. If any other news comes available to us, we will make it known immediately to make sure everyone is fully informed. Any changes will be thoroughly announced everywhere we can.
The MassiveCraft Team